Criminal Minds – Season 2
In the second season of Criminal Minds, the BAU (Behavioral Analysis Unit) encounters yet again several serial killers and each time we get to see a completely different type of case. Meanwhile, a new recruit joins the team while the seperate members have their own personal issues to deal with.
Sound and Vision:
There’s some grain present in certain scenes but compression errors are down to a minimum. The colors are bright, the contrast good and there’s also plenty of detail present. Good work.
The soundtrack does its job really nicely with good use of the surround speakers and subwoofer while dialogues are perfectly positioned at the front center speaker. A very nice track that does its job in a subtle way.
– 4 Audio commentary tracks
– Profilers, Profiled: a short featurette where we get interviews with the cast on the characters and how the show’s set up
– Physical Evidence: behind-the-scenes on the development of the season
– Behavioral Science: Criminal Minds in Reality: a feature on the science behind Criminal Minds and the realistic nature of the series
– This is Kristen Vangsness: a short feature on the character played by Penelope Garcia
– Deleted Scenes
Criminal Minds gives an inside look at the worst examples of human behaviour and although each episode contains realistic and sickening behaviour, the acting of the cast as well as the very decent storylines make that you won’t be able to stop watching. This second season continues the lines set out in the first but it’s clear that the cast have grown used to their characters which heightens the quality.
Without a doubt one of the best series in its genre