Knocked Up 2-Disc SE
Alison Scott is a really hot and ambitious reporter for E! Entertainment Television who’s just got promoted to on-camera correspondent. Ben Stone is a typical party animal who lives together with a bunch of friends who’s ambition is to start up a website that catalogs the nude scenes in movies and party all night long. These two meet each other one night and with some alcohol to help, they end up in bed.
Eight weeks later Alison stands on Ben’s doorstep and tells him she’s pregnant. In order to “do the right thing” the two decide to keep the baby and give it a try despite being complete opposites.
Sound and Vision:
There’s a minimum of compression errors and only a slight tad of grain to be seen so overall the image quality is pretty good.
As usual with comedies we get a soundtrack that’s focused on the front channels and the surrounds are only sporadically used for some atmospheric and environmental sounds. Nothing special.
– Audio commentary with director Judd Apatow, Seth Rogen and Bill Hader
– Deleted Scenes
– Alternative Scenes
– Alternative Dialogues
– Gag Reel
– Rollercoaster documentary: a five minute behind-the-scenes feature on the rollercoaster scene
– Direction of the Director: a funny featurette about the studio sending a second director to look over the shoulders of Judd Apatow
– Music Clip: Loudon Wainwright III – Live In McCabe’s
– Topless Scene – Webdesign company: alternative scene
– Video diary: the director kept a video diary of the 56 days of shooting
– Children running around: compilation of takes with the children of the director
– Beards and stuff: compilation of beard jokes from the movie as well as behind the scenes
– Kuni Files: short behind the scenes about the Kuni character
– Gummy, The Sixth Roommate: short feature about a sixth roommate that didn’t make it into the movie
– Stripper Confidential: behind the scenes of the stripclub scene
– Kuni goes crazy: alternative scene with doctor Kuni in the hospital for the delivery of the baby
– Loudon Wainwright III – Writing session: interview
– Extra Dialogue Version 2: more alternative dialogues
– Funny Fragments: more gag reel
– Loudon Wainwright III: more music videos
– First time in front of the Camera: a short behind the scenes on the first sex scene in the movie
– Topless Scène – Restaurant: alternative scene
– Unedited image material
– Audition of Katherine Heigl: audition scene with Heigl and Rogen
Looks like a ton of extras but in reality it comes down to a couple of short features and tons and tons of deleted and alternative scenes which is quite disappointing
Knocked Up is created by Judd Apatow who previously was already responsible for “The 40 year old virgin” and this already gives you an idea what to expect from this movie; a reasonably funny movie with some romantic elements that will never become a classic but might be good fun to watch once. That’s all there is to it.