THQ into pieces
As part of the Chapter 11 proceedings, THQ has held an auction to sell of plenty of IP and studios. The outcome was as follows:
- Sega bought Relic Entertainment
- Koch Media bought Volition as well as the Metro and Saint’s Row franchises
- Crytek has bought the Homefront franchise
- Take2 has bought the unannounced Evolve game from Turtle Rock
- Ubisoft has purchased THQ Montreal as well as South Park: The Stick of Truth
THQ president Jason Rubin stated that the company’s back catalog of games will go on sale in the coming weeks as well.
Remarkable: Darksiders development studio Vigil did not receive any bids and as such will remain under the chapter 11 proceedings, meaning the people working their will lose their jobs and the studio will cease to exist. On that matter, Rubin noted he found that to be a “travesty” and that if he hadn’t been barred from the auction due to SEC regulations, he would have bought it himself.