Welcome to the New FRAGLAND!
Hello and welcome back to Fragland, new and improved!
Over the last couple of years we’ve been working hard on getting a completely new site up & running, one that would take the best parts from the previous one, and improve on the issues we saw with it. We started from scratch, dozens of designs were created, several development platforms tested, and you’re now looking at the result of that work. As we went for a completely new framework, there was no possibility to automatically transfer all our existing data, nor user information. Yes, that means your existing login is gone and you’ll need to re-register. But what do we get in return?
- A more up to date design that fits better with the content we provide and allows for more flexibility in terms of highlighting interesting items
- Better readability, more search options based on categories and tags, and still our games database is there to connect everything related to a specific title together
- New features like a poll, possibility to rate games yourself as well as to give a thumbs up (or down) to our content, and anti-spam measures like a captcha for comments
- UGames has been replaced by MyGames and allows you to create a list of games you like (or own) and best of all: it’s now also available for non-registered users by means of using cookies
- A more flexible backend that now also allows us to link posts and in-house content to multiple developers, publishers, content types and game/movie genres
As I said, we couldn’t transfer all our data automatically, so the last couple of months we’ve been busy bringing over the most important stuff that we had in our previous site. That means we’ve manually recreated and reviewed our games database with over 3000 titles, transferred just almost all of our games/DVD/BLU-ray reviews and at the same time we’ve added ratings to our DVD/BLU reviews while the scores themselves have gone from a percentage that was based on four individual scores to a more simple and straightforward score on 10 that has one main thing in mind: is it fun?
We didn’t transfer all our news, but we did already add news in the new dbase over the last couple of weeks so we wouldn’t end up with an empty site, and over the coming days we’ll also have a number of new reviews lined up already as well. So to conclude: we’ve spent a lot of time and effort in this and we really hope you like it. We for sure already do!